Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Golden Pizza, gouging on prices

Rant Mode: ON

Back when WDOA was broadcasting from our then studios on Fenwood Rd. in Worcester, MA many a cheap pizzas were consumed from Golden Pizza on Grafton St. Well we've since moved out to Spencer, but the other night was in Worcester past dinner time and on the way home decided to order a pizza from Golden's latest shop on Main St. in Worcester. Big Mistake, for some reason the prices are absolutely astronomical....Usually a small pepperoni bought on Grafton St. was around $4 or a bit more.. however it was almost six and half bucks for a small pepperoni pizza at the Main St. location. Me thinks it has something to do with that the Main St. location sells beer and is smack dab in the middle of gang-bangerville just off Webster Square, so maybe they have to pay off the local yo yo yos to stay in business in the "hood". further... the pizza just wasn't that good, no way was it worth 6+ dollars, also I had called it in and when I got there after they said it would 10 to 15 minutes it was a half hour before the pizza was even ready... Me thinks they didn't even put it in the oven till after I got there..

Rant Mode: OFF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, if you could only understand what a loser you sound like! First off you sound like a pathetic cheap bastard...you remind me of this guy I work with, who takes empty zip-lock bags out of the trash to take home, rinse out, and re-use. It's called the cost of living increase! $6.00 is what pizza cost in 2006, it's not 1958 anymore dumb-ass. And as for the "gang-baning" Webster Sq...I don't even have the patience to waste my time responding to such a low-life, moronic comment! Go fuck yourself ass-hole!

Anonymous said...

Golden in Main South has always been notorious for high prices, long waits, bad service and mediocre food. The reason for it's mild success was it was one of the few pizza delivery joints open and delivering at 2AM. This is not a change from the norm for them.

However, Webster Square is actually quite a few neighborhoods removed from "gang-bangerville". I would suggest you familiarize yourself more with the city you supposedly service before you make such inflammatory remarks.

Mike Malone said...

Hey Francessca, guilty as charged to being a "cheap bastard". Thanks for the tip on reusing zip-lock bags though. However please learn to spell or use cut & paste correctly (what exactly is "gang-baning"??? Also you might want to check with your Doc, and see if maybe he/she wants to adjust your meds a bit, you seem a bit too cranky for this Happy Holiday season!

Jeff Worm said...

I just finished eating a delicious large hamburg and onion pizza, for only $11, from Golden Pizza in Webster Sq (I'm sure the leftovers will be even better, reheated tomorrow). Golden Pizza is my new favorite resturant in the neighborhood, and they serve beer (although, tonight I'm well stocked with Narragansett long necks). I've frequented the new establishment at 1168 Main St more often in the past few months than I visited the previous business, and I've lived here for over 23 years (Caine's Wallpaper was an institution). As for the other shit.. most of the rare trouble in the 'hood', was caused by white trash yo yos (only chainsaw boy and his psycho brother stand out in my mind). Webster Sq is a decent neighborhood, and Golden Pizza is a welcome addition! I don't know what your problem is.. bad day... instant karma.... I don't know. I'd rather not speculate. An apology might be a good idea.